Stillness is tranquil silence that provides a sense of peace. Being able to embody peace through stillness gives you the opportunity to better your mental and physical well-being. Even in the most chaotic and stressful situations, you can find stillness with proper practice. Spero Recovery can help you find your inner peace.
Why Finding Comfort in Myself Is Important?
Finding the calmness within yourself that stillness provides the ability to take back yourself from your stressful life and environment. You get to discover who you are and find a sense of true happiness in this stillness. It also helps you to stop all the thoughts running through your head, which is what provides you with this moment of peace. Practicing different techniques or activities can help you find this stillness.
How Can I Work on Embodying Peace?
Embodying peace through stillness starts with making the conscious decision to bring it into your life. It will take time for you to be able to do it without difficulty, and to be able to sit down and just start. There are different ways to reach this state of peace, including these actions:
- Breathe- taking a moment to focus on deep controlled breathing can help relax you. It can lower your heart rate and give you something calming to focus on. The 4-7-8 breathing technique is often used to find stillness. This technique is performed by inhaling for four seconds, holding your breath for seven, and then exhaling for eight seconds.
- Take a Moment When Needed- don’t forget that you can stop, even for a few minutes, and practice your techniques. Doing this in a time of stress and chaos can be the best time to do it. It allows you to find calmness in the chaos, and to have that memory for when you’re in the same situation again.
- Add Stillness to Your Schedule- if you don’t find yourself taking the time when you need it, then set apart a time every day to be able to achieve it. Doing it in the morning can help you start the day off properly, and doing it right before you go to sleep can help you take away the stressors of the day.
- Soft Music- listening to music can be used when being left alone with your thoughts is too much and prevents you from finding peace.
- Meditation- is a practice that has been around for years. It is when the mind and body come together as one through the use of repeated sounds, phrases, or visualization.
- Other Activities to Find Stillness- focusing on a calming image, taking a slow quiet walk, closing your eyes and emptying your mind, reading, and journaling.
Everyone finds stillness in their own way. You need to try different things so you can find your inner peace and thrive.
Benefits of Embodying Peace Through Stillness
There are a lot of positives that can come from practicing stillness. These include both physical and mental, such as:
- Decreased heart rate.
- Lowered stress and anxiety levels.
- Helping you take a step back from a situation and find your inner peace before responding.
- It can give you the chance to look inward to learn about who you were, are, and who you want to become.
- Being able to find comfort and peace in yourself can help you from entering harmful relationships.
- You can better adapt to life because you are able to calmly evaluate a situation and not become overwhelmed by change.
- Embodying peace through stillness can help you let go of things that are holding you back. This can be aspects of your past, unattainable goals, or societal pressures.
Embodying Peace Through Stillness Can Help Your Recovery
Finding peace through stillness can greatly improve your recovery journey and the probability of reaching long-term sobriety. You are able to evaluate your past substance use, come to terms with it, and grow from it to become the sober version of yourself that you want to be. Stillness helps in your self-evaluation so that you can truly learn from yourself and know what you want for your sober future.
It can also help you during times of struggle when you are close to a relapse. You can use your technique to stop and refocus your thoughts away from substance use.
Having comfort and peace in yourself can keep you from entering relationships that can hinder your recovery and lead to relapse. You won’t need to rely on someone else to provide this peace for you, nor will you have to be in a relationship to feel complete. Using stillness with self-evaluation can also help you know what you want in a partner and give you the strength to wait for that person to come into your life.
Spero Recovery Can Help You
We are a residential recovery program that uses meditation as a vital part of our treatment plan. Our programs are effective and affordable. Through the use of grants and donations, we are able to keep our costs below the national average. This makes us the perfect match for under and uninsured people seeking help.
Your day starts with meditation to ensure you have the time for embodying peace from stillness each and every day. We understand the importance of feeling comfortable and at peace with oneself. This value can be seen when someone accomplishes stillness and can shine through in their recovery journey progress. You can see them start to thrive rather than just working through the steps of the program.
Substance use can be used as a way to escape from yourself or your environment. Recovery is a time of reflection and growth. This can be difficult to do when you are focused on the negatives of your past. These negative thoughts can be consuming and hinder your ability to accept yourself. Finding peace in yourself helps you to understand your past, work through your present, and make way for the sober future you want. If you feel like you are struggling to find comfort in yourself during your recovery journey, reach out to Spero Recovery at (303) 351-7888 for more information today. We understand the difficulty that can come from accepting yourself after addiction and want to help you.